Colourbox Montessori School in Barrow are looking for a friendly, focused, strong character to join our management team in the idylic Barrow village, in Suffolk.
Our nursery promotes hands-on, self-paced, collaborative and joyful learning where each child is respected both as an individual and as a contributing member of the community. We embrace the EYFS alongside the Montessori Method, and have a seperate baby room and forest school that run along the setting inspiring holistic learning opportunities for children and staff.
You will need at least 2 years’ experience within the childcare sector, preferably with management, admin, and customer care skills. The nursery is purposefully designed with excellent facilities and opportunities for the children and staff, embracing both indoor and outdoor learning.
The manager will take full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the setting, including the management of staff and premises, the welfare, learning and development of children and liaison with parents, in accordance with the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. You will be supported by an outstanding Senior Management team, consisting of a Business Manager, Operations Manager, and HR Manager, who collaboratively manage all of our Colourbox nurseries in Suffolk. You will also have 2-3 Deputy Managers to assist you in your duties, one based in each group.
– To manage a nursery setting achieving key goals, the main one being a high-quality childcare service.
– To promote the setting to parents, potential parents, the community, and to professionals.
– To actively promote equal opportunities for all children, their families, and staff.
- An Enhanced DBS, subscribed to the update service. We follow Suffolk Safer Recruitment guidelines, and will provide an updated DBS check for you.
- Experience leading a team is preferential.
- Full and relevant EY qualifications, QTS / EYTS is preferential, however we also provide EYITT
The Company also provides all in-house training such as Montessori Philosophy, and external training such as Designated Safeguarding Lead, First Aid Training and more.