EARLY YEARS ROOM LEADER – BOURNE END DAY NURSERY, HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
SALARY: £12.55 per hour (£26,174 per annum)
We are recruiting for passionate and dedicated full time Room Leader at Bourne End Day Nursery in Hemel Hempstead.
Children are at the heart of our approach in everything that we do and aspire to. One of our ethos statements is “We have the courage to put children before anything else”, and this truly sets the tone for how we value the children that we care for. As a practitioner you will be supported to work within ‘The Curiosity Approach’ helping children to gain confidence, encourage curiosity and prepare them for a life and love of learning.
Room Leader – What we can offer YOU!
- Genuine opportunities for career progression with access to professional accredited training
- A comprehensive pension scheme with employer contributions
- Childcare discounts – in any of our settings across England?
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity leave
- EPIC cash back system on discounted high street, telecoms and travel providers
- Buddy Bonus Scheme – cash rewards for referring a friend
- Have your Birthday off on us! – An extra paid day off on your Birthday
- Health & Wellbeing support 24/7 with access to external helpline of professional counsellors
Room Leader – Key Responsibilities
- Act as Room Leader and to implement the EYFS curriculum.
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate children’s records.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the deputy manager if required to do so.
- Support, mentor and supervise room staff in their day-to-day duties and monitor their paperwork including planning and learning journeys on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
Room Leader – Qualifications & Experience
- You must hold a minimum L3 childcare qualification with a passion to upskill further
- Preferrable Room Leader experience
- Be a positive role model to our children and your team
- The desire to work for an organisation that respects individuality and creativity
- Looking to join a large group that maintains an independent feel
- Have strong EYFS knowledge
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role, please get in touch today!