Please note you must hold a Level 2 Qualification.
Location of post can be at either setting. Please note this is NOT a field base position and you will be based at a setting of your choice.
Sunshine Montessori, The Old Village School, Bullocks Farm Lane, Wheeler End, HP14 3NH
The Children's Room, 7-9 South Street, Wendover, Buckinghamshire, HP22 6EF
Muddy Nurseries is a warm and friendly team of dedicated educationalists. We believe that the early years form the most important time in which to establish the fundamentals within a child that sets them up for life. We want every child in our care to become a confident, curious and resilient individual.
We believe that the purpose of every practitioner within Muddy Nurseries is to enable children to fulfil their greatest potential. We are looking for individuals who care deeply about children and who are also lifelong learners themselves.
Day to day you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of outstanding care and education for children
- Innovate with activities and constantly challenge your children's learning and development
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Promote child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed at all times
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensuring all areas of the EYFS and Statutory Framework are met at all times.
- Ensuring Safeguarding/Child Protection Policies and Procedures are implemented.
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children, taking children’s individual needs into consideration.
- Ensuring the nursery offers an environment which reflects the cultural diversity of all children.
- Follow Observation, Planning and Assessment Framework within the Little Elms Group.
- Reflect on daily practise and identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with parents.
- To be the key person for a designated group of children (not applicable to relief or lunch cover).
Health & Safety
- Respond to, and report health and safety issues as and when they arise.
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness/tidiness within the nursery
- Carrying out health and safety checks in line with Company Policy.
- Follow control measures detailed within Company Risk Assessments.
- Responsible for duties associated with the nursery playroom(s), such as maintaining children’s records and any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- To meet deadlines as set by the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Qualification Requirements is dependant on the needs of the nursery.
- Experience of working with children between the age of 3 months – 5 years.
- Experience of working in partnership with parents with the ability to sensitively and professionally handle any difficult/challenging situations.
- A working knowledge of health and safety within a childcare environment, how to risk assess and take action to reduce potential for accidents/injury.
- An understanding of the EYFS and Statutory Framework.
- In line with the Statutory Framework, all staff must have sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of children.
- Strong communication skills are essential, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use own initiative, always prioritising the needs of the children.
- Interpersonal skills are essential, with the ability to build effective relationships with staff and parents.
- Ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and with ever changing priorities is essential.
- A kind, caring and nurturing individual who acts as a positive role model for children..