Salary: £29,244 - £38,272 (dependant on qualification/s and experience)
Location: Greenwich, South London
We are looking for a full time, Level 3 qualified Third in Charge to join our Bright Horizons Greenwich nursery. The nursery is located on Lovibond Lane and is a short 3 minute walk from Greenwich train station.
What we can offer you
Our benefits include, but are not limited to;
- Above industry standard salary, with annual salary reviews
- Discounted childcare of 50% for first child
- Up to 33 days holiday per year, with the option to buy additional days
- Smart Health access, including 24/7 access to Virtual GP appointments, fitness programmes and mental health support
- Financial support through early access to wages, low interest debt consolidation loans and a wide variety of discounts across high street brands, travel, utilities and days out
- Development programme access for every stage of your career, tailored to your individual journey, with opportunities across our network of nurseries
- Access to our Future Leaders programme, preparing you to step into nursery management
- Employee Appreciation throughout the year including our annual Awards of Excellence gala’s
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Why Bright Horizons?
We are driven by our HEART values (Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork). If your values align, you’d be a great fit to join one of our 300 nurseries across the UK. We’ve also been voted Great Place to Work every year since 2006 - as well achieving Great Place for Wellbeing and Great Place for Women.
Did you know, Bright Horizons Foundation for Children charity has been established since 2005 supporting the lives of thousands of children and families in crisis, across almost 100 locations? Each Bright Horizons colleague is entitled to a paid volunteer day every year!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education to all children in our care
- When required, act as Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery, holding overall responsibility for the day to day running of the nursery and management of safeguarding and child protection policies
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with colleagues, parents and/or carers, as well as other professionals, to meet the needs of each child
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to maintain a positive, happy and safe working environment
- Promote the nursery to both current parents, and potential customers, to support retention and ongoing occupancy growth
- Ensure commercial success of the nursery by maintaining expenditure inline FTEs and budget KPIs
- Engage with the Local Authority to understand the local offer, to support practice in all areas of the nursery
What we’re looking for
- Full and Relevant Level 3 or above Early Years qualification (essential)
- Previous experience working within an Early Years setting - ideally as a Third in Charge, Room Leader, Early Years Educator or similar
- Confident decision maker, with previous experience providing support and leadership to others to enable staff in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, Child Protection, and the wider legislative requirements for working with children
- Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with both colleagues and parents
- Ability to use a variety of communication techniques with both children and adults