The Aspire Training Team are currently recruiting for a punctual, reliable and enthusiastic individual to join Abbotts Ann Nursery School as a Level 3 Childcare Apprentice.
At Abbotts Ann Nursery School we provide our children with a provision that supports and extends their knowledge, giving them skills for life.
We believe children are most content and thrive when they are valued and supported in being themselves. As such we seek to operate an inclusive and nurturing environment where children are supported in being independent and resilient learners; where they are celebrated, valued and encouraged to be the unique and wonderful individuals that they are; where they develop respect and consideration for others in addition to the world around them; and where they have fun. Our skilled practitioners adapt the learning environment, their practices and the activities we provide, to enable all children to achieve their best possible outcomes.
Your roles and responsibilities will include;
- To promote and deliver high quality care for children working as part of a team to ensure a safe environment.
- We operate a key person approach that encourages strong bonds for children, families and other professionals. The key person communicates regularly with parents both formally and informally. They are also responsible for the children's ongoing assessments by using observational information from all staff and other agencies
- You will be implementing daily routines and liaising with parents and other members of staff
- Planning and preparing activities completing observations and assessments
- Working in partnership with parents and other key staff members and management
- Keeping track of children's achievements and progress
- All aspects of personal care and hygiene
- General housekeeping duties
- Level 2 Childcare Qualification is essential when applying for this role
- GCSE’s A*-C/4+ in English Language and Maths, or equivalent i.e. functional skills
- To obtain a clear DBS check
- Abbotts Ann Nursery School offer a day-nursery provision running from 08:30-15:00, Monday-Friday and are a Term Time Only setting
- The successful candidate would be expected to work 24 hours per week - weekly shift patterns to be discussed