The Aspire Training Team are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individual to complete their Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner Apprenticeship at Smiley Happy People, Trethorne.
Smiley Happy People are a private nursery based within Launceston and the surrounding area. They offer Forest School activities and support each child as an individual.
We set up in 2008 to provide a service to families that was missing in the town, more than 10 years on we are proud to say we are still doing this.
We involve our children in local events, carnivals, local shows, competitions and displays, visit people in our community; the elderly, the town council, churches and local shops
Your roles and responsibilities will include;
- Lead and manage a team
- To work as a team and to be able to lead
- To oversee the health and safety of the building
- Ensure safeguarding is paramount
- To ensure the day to day care of the children and the team is taken care of
- Must be able to drive the team and be highly motivational
- Ability to manage the day to day and monthly paperwork
- To be friendly, approachable, fair and have good vision
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Love the outdoors!
- To be happy, able to laugh and be an overall fun and vibrant person
- Have a passion for looking after children
- Level 3 Childcare Qualification is essential when applying for this role
- You must be able to gain a clear DBS
- Have GCSE grades A*-C or 4-9 in Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- To have an excellent understanding of child development and a passion for this type of role
- To have a good understanding of the curiosity approach
- An minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- Candidate must be able to drive
- Smiley Happy People is open from 08:00-18:00 Monday to Friday
- The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 30 and up to 40 hours per week, with shift patterns to be discussed