LEVEL 3+ EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONERS
We are looking to recruit level 3 and over nursery practitioners to join our team at Ghanshyam Nursery School on a full time and permanent basis, working 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
The nursery practitioner’s roles & responsibilities are as follows:
· To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members;
· To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life;
· Engage in good team working;
· Liaise with and support parents and other family members;
· To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, events;
· To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc;
· Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled;
· Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager;
· Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it;
· Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can you help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children;
· Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child;
· To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive; changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description may be reviewed in the future.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional candidates with the following attributes:
1. A recognised childcare/early years qualification at a Level 3 minimum (or equivalent), for example this may be BTEC, NNEB, CACHE Diploma or NVQ.
2. Previous early years’ experience in a nursery setting in the UK required.
3. You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of the EYFS.
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000.00 per year.
Benefits: On-site parking, employee childcare discount, pension scheme, uniform provided, recommend a friend benefit, additional holiday for long term service, overtime and CPD.
The successful candidates will be required to have an enhanced DBS check, if not already signed up to the update service. We will also require two references. Terms and conditions apply.