The Aspire training team are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare apprenticeship with Three Gables Day Nursery in Ashley Cross, Poole.
Three Gables in Poole opened in December 2018, and are a unique home from home setting based in Ashley Cross. They have an experienced team that caters to the individual needs of each child within their care, getting the children involved in several activities including arts, crafts and messy play and engage the children through these activities.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, working in a fantastic childcare setting while learning from qualified, passionate and experienced childcare professionals.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Working as part of a team to create a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere.
- Providing care of the highest level to the children, including keeping them safe and ensuring that their needs are met.
- Helping to set up the playrooms and tiding away at the end of the day.
- Working in partnership with parents/carers, ensuring confidentially is respected at all times.
- Gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the apprenticeship.
- Supporting children with potty training and changing nappies when required.
- Helping to prepare and serve meals to the children.
- Ensuring that records are kept up to date.
- Keeping up to date with all coursework.
- Shifts will revolve around the settings opening times of 8am to 6pm so you will need to be flexible around these hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, with additional hours and shifts to be discussed
- Due to the nature of the role you will need to have excellent communication skills as you will be required to interact with parents to help support their children’s development.
- The ideal candidate will be bright, energetic, and passionate about childcare with a willingness to learn more and to gain further qualifications.
- You must be reliable, hardworking and a good team player and you must be willing to undertake training in order to gain your Level 2 diploma in Childcare.
- You must be able to gain a clear DBS
- Preferably have GCSE grades A*-C/4-9 in Maths and English Language (or equivalent i.e. functional skills).