Deputy Nursery Manager – Gingerbread House Day Nursery
Salary - £14.42 ph (£30,074 per annum)
Can you make an ordinary day into an extraordinary one by harnessing the curiosity and imagination of little minds. We have an exciting role for a Deputy Nursery Manager at our Gingerbread House, CR2 0RJ
Children are at the heart of our approach in everything that we do and aspire to. One of our ethos statements is “We have the courage to put children before anything else”, and this truly sets the tone for how we value the children that we care for. As a practitioner you will be supported to work within ‘The Curiosity Approach’ helping children to gain confidence and encourage curiosity and prepare them for a life and love of learning.
Deputy Nursery Manager – What we can offer you!
- A friendly and supportive team
- A competitive salary and wider benefits
- Opportunities for professional development and training –3 CPD courses per year
- 1 week shut down over Christmas
- Discounted childcare
- Free breakfast and main meal when on duty
Deputy Nursery Manager – Qualifications & Experience
- A childcare and education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3
- Previous experience of managing a room or team within a nursery setting
- A formal management qualification is desirable although not essential
- A current First Aid qualification.
- A sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- A thorough knowledge of safeguarding procedures
Deputy Nursery Manager – Key Responsibilities
- To support the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage, including overseeing planning and record keeping
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Support with the development of and maintaining highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policies and practices
- Assist the Manager with maintaining accurate accounts for the nursery and produce management information in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of regular staff, planning and parent meetings and other events.
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role please get in touch today.