We are looking for an inspirational Nursery Chef to join our Acorn Nursery at Colworth Science Park ,Sharnbrook
We’re proud to be one of the leading childcare providers in Milton Keynes, Northampton and Bedford with over 25 years’ experience who specialise in nature pedagogy and promoting the professional development of our employees. We are really proud to have recently been awarded a Top 20 DayNurseries group award.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, great training and progression opportunities, enhanced pension contributions, and 65% childcare discount. As a not-for-profit organisation, Acorn always puts the needs of the children first, meaning you will be working for a business that cares about more than just profit.
The position is Part time working a starting base of 16 hours per week working Mondays and Tuesdays with extra hours to cover holiday and nursery requirements. These can be discussed further during the recruitment process. The role hours can be flexible beyond this 16 hours and there maybe opportunities to work additional hours.
Aims of the Role
- To deliver a healthy, child-centred and nutritionally balanced menu to the children in the nursery, using fresh produce and as little salt, sugar, artificial flavourings and sweeteners as possible. A rolling four-week menu plan is currently in place, which is adapted twice a year according to the seasons.
- To cater for special dietary needs, providing appropriate and nutritious alternative meals for children with allergies, intolerances, and preferences
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and present all food to a high standard in a timely manner, in accordance with the company menu/recipes and individual needs of the setting
- Ensure all catering activities are carried out in-line with the agreed budget
- Make suitable adaptations to meals/snacks and liaise with key staff as appropriate; adaptations may be needed for babies and younger children, allergies, intolerances, and/or preferences
- To purchase all supplies through agreed nominated suppliers, ensuring sufficient orders are made on a weekly basis
- To follow all company policies and procedures, and complete all relevant operational paperwork
- To encourage and take part in cooking sessions with the children
- Ensure all elements of health and safety legislation are complied with, especially regarding safe working practices, hygiene practices, fire procedures and staff training
- Follow all guidelines and standards set out by Environmental Health Trading Standards
- Facilitate inspections from regulatory bodies, awarding bodies, and implement any recommendations
- To attend staff meetings, work closely with other chefs and staff in the setting, and to undertake training as required
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the manager
We are looking for candidates with the following values:
- Nature Pedagogy