Head of Pre School – Bumpkins Day Nursery, Royston
Children are at the heart of our approach in everything that we do and aspire to. One of our ethos statements is “We have the courage to put children before anything else”, and this truly sets the tone for how we value the children that we care for.
Head of Pre School - Overview
To assist and support in the day-to-day management and running of the pre school and to undertake limited responsibility for some of the overall day-to-day tasks required. To ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences.
Head of Pre School – Qualifications & Experience
- You must hold a minimum L3 childcare qualification with a passion to upskill further
- Be a positive role model to our children and your team!
- Do you want to work for an organisation that respects individuality and creativity?
- Wanting to work within a large group that maintains an independent feel?
- Have strong EYFS knowledge
- Previous experience implementing an EYFS curriculum
Head of Pre School – Key Responsibilities
- To support your team in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum; including support with overseeing planning and record keeping
- To support in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, child protection and Health and Safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the Deputy Manager if required.
- Provide high standards of quality within the Nursery and Pre School including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Be fully aware of emergency and security procedures relating to the pre School and take full responsibility for opening/closing the nursery/pre school as required.
- Work with the manager to fully understand and be able to support staff during Ofsted inspections and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Work alongside the Manager learning how to monitor and control budgets and maintaining petty cash systems and in assessing interaction and child facing skills during the recruitment process.
- Support with induction procedure for all new staff, and ongoing supervisions and appraisals.
Head of Pre School – What we can offer YOU!
- A friendly supportive team & Nursery Manager
- Continued CPD development
- Tapestry Online Learning Journal
- A competitive salary and wider benefits
- 1 week shut down over Christmas
- Discounted Childcare
- Free Breakfast and main meal whilst on duty