We are looking for an inspirational Practitioner who holds a minimum level 3 qualification in Early Years to join our Acorn Nursery at Emberton in Milton Keynes. A graduate or those qualified to level 6 would be desireable.
We’re proud to be one of the leading childcare providers in Milton Keynes, Northampton and Bedford with over 25 years’ experience who specialise in nature pedagogy and promoting the professional development of our employees. We are really proud to have recently been awarded a Top 20 Day Nurseries group award.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, great training and progression opportunities, enhanced pension contributions, and 75% childcare discount. As a not-for-profit organisation, Acorn always puts the needs of the children first, meaning you will be working for a business that cares about more than just profit.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic outdoor practitioner that will be able to inspire children of all ages to engage in memorable and educational outdoor experiences. This role is based outdoors, all year round, and so the ability to maintain a positive attitude no matter the weather is essential. Working as part of a small team, you would help to operate a nature kindergarten for 3-4 year olds during term-time, and a forest school holiday club for 4-13 year olds during school holidays, so an ability to work with all age groups is essential. As an outdoor practitioner, we would expect you to have a good understanding of the EYFS and forest school ethos, whilst holding a L3 qualification in childcare and/or a L3 forest school leader qualification (or willingness to undertake the qualification) would be desirable.
The hours of work for this role different slightly between term time and in the school holidays, with anticipated shifts of 8:30am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri) during term time, and 8am – 5pm (Mon-Thu) during school holidays. With this in mind, you would be on an annualised contract of around 31 hours per week, although there is some room for negotiation.
• Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery
• Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
• Build and maintain strong partnerships working with parents/carers to enable children’s needs to be met
• Give support to other colleagues within the nursery
• Ensure the effective implementation of the nursery’s daily routine
• To deputise for either the manager or deputy as required and to support them in motivating and developing the team and by taking on specific responsibilities
• Provide a positive role model to ensure the Company’s values are maintained
In addition to this, you will have:
• Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years/Childcare (or willing to work towards)
• Good knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
• Good knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures
Successful applications will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation and undertake a DBS check.
Acorn Childcare is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As a thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to making Acorn a safe, nurturing and fun place for our children to be, we offer: