We are looking for an inspirational Senior Practitioner who holds a minimum level 3 qualification in Early Years to join our Acorn Nursery at Castlethorpe in Central Milton Keynes. A graduate or those qualified to level 6 would be desireable.
We’re proud to be one of the leading childcare providers in Milton Keynes, Northampton and Bedford with over 25 years’ experience who specialise in nature pedagogy and promoting the professional development of our employees. We are really proud to have recently been awarded a Top 20 DayNurseries group award.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, great training and progression opportunities, enhanced pension contributions, and 65% childcare discount. As a not-for-profit organisation, Acorn always puts the needs of the children first, meaning you will be working for a business that cares about more than just profit.
The position is full time working 40 hours per week (you would be required to do a variety of early and late shifts , early shifts can start as early as 7.15am and the late shifts close is 6.15pm). We very much welcome candidates that are looking to progress their personal career development . The ideal candidate will be passionate, motivated and enthusiastic about outdoor learning and creative play. as well as a good working knowledge and practice of the EYFS and safeguarding procedures. Experience working in an Early Years environment essential (previous experience leading a pre school room desireable)
• Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery
• Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
• Build and maintain strong partnerships working with parents/carers to enable children’s needs to be met
• Give support to other colleagues within the nursery
• Ensure the effective implementation of the nursery’s daily routine
• To deputise for either the manager or deputy as required and to support them in motivating and developing the team and by taking on specific responsibilities
• Provide a positive role model to ensure the Company’s values are maintained
In addition to this, you will have:
• Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years/Childcare (or willing to work towards)
• Good knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
• Good knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures
Successful applications will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation and undertake a DBS check.
Acorn Childcare is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.