To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the room leader and manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Hours: 40hrs per week
Level 3 Salary range: £24,000 - £25,000
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Montessori & Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
- Montessori diploma or other Montessori qualification
Relevant experience & Skills (Essential)
- Willingness to learn.
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Sound knowledge of Montessori philosophy and practice
- Knowledge of child protection procedures.
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Ability to work in a team and value and respect the ethos of the nursery and Montessori philosophy of a child centred education
- An understanding of play based approaches to children’s learning and development.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
Personal Style and Behaviour (Essential)
- Excellent verbal communication skills with staff, children and parents
- Able to use written English to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative
- Calm and caring nature
- Empathy and understanding of children under 5
Other useful skills (desirable)
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 4 qualification.
- Montessori assistant or diploma
- Willingness to undertake further training in particular Montessori training.
- Current First Aid at Work qualification
At Fountain Montessori, we is committed to child protection and safeguarding against harm. We promote the welfare of children and expect all staff members and volunteer to share this commitment as informed by robust policies and procedures. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support everyone at the school. Before interview, all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of employment. All concerns are passed to our Designated Safeguarding Lead. As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for the successful candidate.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Termly Bonus
- Tailored training
- Free Lunches
- Career progression
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday
- Staff team building days
- Staff birthday celebrations
- Educational memberships paid.